This large building at the top of the hill covers two lots. In 1900, there were two buildings – a grocery store on the east side and a butcher shop on the west. In 1906, John Bartol ran the butcher shop and also lived with his family at this location. The Bartol’s moved to Virginia, Minnesota and in 1914 both buildings were vacant. Eventually, around 1917, the Kovall family began Kovall and Sons Grocery and Meat Market at this site. The building was solid — built to last many generations with 4×12 floor joists set 12 inches apart. Now the site of Insula Restaurant, it is enjoyed by visitors, travelers and locals once again.